Per Press Release:
Revamped Arena Mode Comes to Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition with All-New Hot Seat Mode and New Characters
Pick your favorite characters and get ready for a brand-new challenge as BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is excited to announce an entirely new and improved Arena Mode launching with Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition, coming to the Americas on August 31st to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Larian Studios has completely revamped Arena Mode to bring new challenges to its players. The new Arena Mode features solo gameplay, online multiplayer PVP, and pass-the-controller Hot Seat mode, so you can play with your friends no matter where you are. Arena Mode also introduces 16 characters to the game, including some first-time playable characters such as Malady, Zandalor, and Radeka, each with their own unique set of skills and abilities.
Arena Mode contains two game modes, the Classic Deathmatch – where players are pitted against each other until only one remains – and Kill the King – where each team must protect a VIP from death. These modes can be played on 13 maps that have been optimized for tactical turn-based combat and includes five brand new arenas. Each map contains three different types chests that can be looted during the fight, such as a Destruction Coffer that contains destruction scrolls, a Control Coffer that contains control scrolls, or a Source Coffer that contains powerful spells.
The revamped Arena Mode also introduces Mutators, which can give skills or change parameters during Arena battles. For example, during Round 2, the Movement Mutator gives magical wings to all Heroes, allowing them to travel long distances, and during Round 7, the mutators initiate Sudden Death, reducing the health of all Heroes to the minimum levels. Mutators, along with a number of other parameters, can be customized by the host.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition ‘s Arena Mode aims to offer a slice of tactical turn-based combat outside of its core critically-acclaimed story experience and will be available to players when the game launches in the Americas on August 31st!
About Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition:
• Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your
own as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
• Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without
sacrifi cing your progress and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
• The next generation of turn-based combat. Blast your opponents with elemental combinations. Use height to your advantage.
Master over 200 skills in 12 skill schools.
• Up to 4 player online and dynamic split-screen multiplayer. Play with your friends online or in local split-screen with
drop-in, drop-out multiplayer.
• PVP Hot-seat mode: battle your friends in round-robin, hero to hero!
• Story Mode: a new diffi culty setting for players who wish to enjoy the lauded narrative, but still want to enjoy the combat.
• An entirely re-written journal to catalogue your journey and refl ect on your quests.
• The Defi nitive Edition brings thousands of changes based on critic and player feedback since the original launch.
• Character romances, disagreements, and unique quest-lines pushing the boundaries between fellowship and feud!
• Race and Origin traits that change the state of the world depending on who you are. Undead are attacked on sight, but pick
locks with their fingers! Elves may eat the flesh of the fallen to remember distant memories…