Ahead of its March 15th launch, Ubisoft has provided full details of what’s to come in the year after the launch of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2.
The biggest change between The Division and The Division 2 is that all post launch content will be free. This was exciting news that was announced at E3 2018, and something all players should really look forward to. While a lot of work has been put into this new outing, the devs wanted to follow an endgame first philosophy. Focusing on the endgame content allows them to put the work into what players will be doing once the story mode is completed, and the true grind of The Division 2 begins. Players can expect new specializations, missions, PvP and PvE content across all of the free updates.
Throughout 2019, players can expect the following updates:
Per Press Release:
- Tidal Basin, releasing shortly after launch, will reveal a new challenging stronghold held by the Black Tusks.
- Operation Dark Hours, also releasing soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions, releasing in Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle, releasing in Autumn 2019, will have additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil the secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations
- Episode 3, releasing in Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content to come.
Of course, there is also a season pass available for purchase, but luckily none of the main chunks of content will be locked behind paywalls. The season pass comes bundled with the gold edition and digital ultimate edition will also available for $39.99 separately. Players who purchase the year one pass will receive:
- 7-day early access to All Year 1 Episodes narrative content
- Instant access to all Year 1 Specializations as they release
- 8 Classified Assignments revealing more about the fall of D.C.
- Exclusive cosmetics and additional in-game activities, such as base of operations projects and bounties.
Stay tuned for further updates about The Division 2 here at Electric Bento, and expect a full review shortly after launch.