Developer 3DClouds is finishing up what they call their most ambitious game yet with King of Seas, a pirate-themed RPG, coming this fall to the Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam. While there’s no hard release date yet, a trailer has been released, and King of Seas looks like it might live up to those ambitions.
King of Seas is a full featured epic RPG story that will take players through the Golden Age of Pirates, as they battle for naval supremacy against England, Spain, and even other pirates. Ships can be customized, based on the trailer, with various flags and sail designs, and islands can be explored for treasure, supplies, and more. Check out some of the features, as revealed from the developer.
- Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Navigation System: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Combat System: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any play style.
And if that’s not enough, 3DClouds has added even more features to the game, creating what looks to be the best pirate game since Sea of Thieves on the Xbox.
- Special Missions: Extra rewards await you upon completion of these secondary missions, each settlement you conquer will be the source of new adventures!
- Treasure Hunt: Secret maps are hidden in the abyssal depths, find them and obtain directions to submerged treasures!
- Ranking: Every battle won will drive up the bounty on your head, compare it with the most famous pirates of history. Be the King of Seas!
- Multiple Difficulties: The difficulty level adds a substantial multiplier to the bounty obtained in the game.
Pirate games are usually hit or miss. For every Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, there’s a Stranded Sails, while not a full-on pirate game still managed to miss the mark. If this trailer is anything to go by, King of Seas could be the game that pirate fans have been waiting for since Edward Kenway hung up his cutlass.
King of Seas is coming this fall for the Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One. It can me preordered right now on the Nintendo eShop with a nice discount. Stay tuned for a full review when the game releases.
All images courtesy of 3DClouds.