Ahead of its November 19th launch, Deep Silver has revealed the preorder bonuses for Shenmue III. It’s been a long time since Shenmue II launched, and despite achieving cult status, both titles were not well received commercially. The franchise is considered to be one of the pioneers of open world games, even if they are a bit dated at this point.
Shenmue III was announced as a Kickstarter project back in 2015, and has seen a few delays at this point. Despite this, fans are eagerly awaiting the return of Ryo Hazuki, and his journey to track down his father’s killer. Since we’re only a few months away from launch, Deep Silver has revealed a handful of preorder bonuses across different retailers and formats, so lets take a look at those.
Anyone who preorders Shenmue III at any retailer will get a few bonuses:
- Snake Power: Three bottles of ‘Snake Power’ elixir to replenish energy during battle
- Playing Tokens: 5,000 playing tokens for the in-game gambling area
- “Blazing Kick” Advanced Training Scroll: Unlocks the advanced ability of the “Blazing Kick” to better challenge Ryo’s foes
- Toy Capsule: Set of 24 tickets to exchange for in-game capsule toys
There are also a few retailer exclusive preorder bonuses which can be found below:
- Gamestop (US) / EB Games (Canada): Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion: This exquisitely-crafted physical item is inspired by the iconic Dragon and Phoenix mirrors of the Shenmue series.
- Best Buy: Limited Edition Steelbook: This illustrated Steelbook case captures the beauty and elegance of the Shenmue series and features portraits of Shenmue III heroes Ryo and Shenhua.
- Amazon: Kenpogi Training Wear DLC: Original training gear based on actual Chinese Kung Fu wear.
Personally, I’m quite partial to that beautiful steelbook that Best Buy has, but the medallion looks really nice too. Be sure to check back with us as we get closer to launch for more news on Shenmue III as it comes in!
Shenmue III launches November 19th for PlayStation 4 and PC. Preorders are available here.